MA in Counseling- Art Therapy
The Art Therapy program is dedicated to achieving excellence in counseling, art therapy education, research, clinical and community service while fostering the highest ethical standards. The program integrates both counseling and visual arts practice, engaging the creative power of art for clinical assessment and treatment. In particular, we promote (1) scholarly research abilities and evidence-based clinical practice, (2) cross-cultural competency, and (3) technologies of media art.
To fulfill our mission we:
- Provide a rigorous didactic curriculum in counseling and experiential art therapy education
- Emphasize the understanding of various individual, group, and family theoretical approaches
- Prepare graduates to integrate theoretical approaches into the practice of art therapy with culturally diverse people of all ages in a variety of settings
- Encourage students to develop a personal and ethical approach to counseling and art therapy
- Ground students in a mental health perspective
- Promote clinical competence in assessment and treatment
- Develop competency in planning, conducting, and evaluating counseling and art therapy research
- Enhance student self-awareness and development of counseling and artist-therapist identity through personal art making and self-reflection
- Foster skills in the therapeutic use of a broad range of art processes and material
Art Therapy Program Goals.
- Demonstrate fluency in counseling psychology fundamentals and art therapy approaches.
- Demonstrate competency in case conceptualization and clinical practice.
- Demonstrate cultural competency.
- Relate foundational knowledge of research and science to counseling psychology fundamentals and art therapy approaches.
- Pursue a professional identity as a Counselor and Art Therapist.
|Occupation||PA Job Growth||U.S. Job Growth||PA Median Salary||U.S. Median Salary|
**Salary and job growth information obtained from O*NET OnLine.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Edinboro University's School of Graduate Studies at (814)732-2856, toll-free at (888) 845-2890 or by email at email@example.com